Friday, April 27, 2012

Props to the Husband

I just read his latest publication. Chapter 13 in the book: Terror in Ireland. And it was gooood (five 'o's' in good, good.). I'm a girl that appreciates history and admires the heck out of my husband for making it his life's work, but I wouldn't pick up a history book to read for fun. Unless it's historical fiction - but Justin says that doesn't count - ha! Here's the cover:


J's portion of the book covers prison violence during the Irish Revolution, and the nasty stuff that the political prisoners initiated. The men who were imprisoned wanted, needed the title of political prisoner. What's better than being a martyr for your cause? 

The research JDS did for this chapter was actually inspired by my dad, who started out as a prison officer and over 25 years, worked his way up to lieutenant and master weapons trainer. I know my dad would have been the first (behind his mom) to read, and congratulate him on a job well done. 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Justin! I'm with you on the historical fiction Meg, though I don't mind non fiction either :) Hope you're all doing well out there! - Heather

    ReplyDelete